Ending Creditor Harassment
Posted on Tuesday, January 13th, 2015 at 6:24 pm
Dealing with substantial debt can be one of the most difficult tasks many individuals and families in the Raleigh area will ever face. However, what often make matters worse are creditors who harass you in an attempt to recover your debt, regardless of your financial circumstances at the time.
Fortunately, there are a number of legal protections that have been put in place by the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act to prevent creditors from:
- Frequently calling debtors;
- Threatening legal action like arrest, denial of child support, or denial of welfare;
- Speaking to you with language that is obscene, derogatory, or insulting;
- Calling your coworkers or relatives to discuss your debt;
- Publishing your name online; or
- Calling you at all hours
At the Bradford Law Offices, PLLC, our Raleigh stopping creditor harassment attorneys understand how troubling creditor harassment can be. However, we have the experience to help you put an end to any harassment you have experienced and, should the harassment not end, help you determine what the best course of legal recourse may be. To discuss the particulars of your circumstances with one of our bankruptcy attorneys, please call our Raleigh offices at (919) 758-8879 today.